Saturday, January 16, 2010

Addiction Report 453 :Games (Addiction!)

Hi.
Me again.
ONE QUESTION FIRST:
DID YOU PLAY ANY FORM OF GAMES ON A DEVICE BEFORE?
OF COURSE!
EVERYONE DID!
SORRY ,I GUESS.
THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE YOU, MY ALIEN FRIEND.(MAYBE YOU GOT THINGS MORE IMPORTANT TO DO.
......
Alright.
Back to the point.
Hobbies.
Mine is playing computer and console games.
Oh wait.
"Playing" games is not the right word.
I treat gaming more than just a hobby.
Yeah.
Gaming is a part of me.
The right word is HARDCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The one that sends shiver to n()()bs' spines...
The one that make people who call themselves 'gamers' down the drain...(tsk tsk)
The one that 'pwn' others on World of Warcraft...
The one that everyone looks in awe in LAN shops...
OKAY! OKAY! They got the idea.


Yep.
that's me.
I am the hardcore gamer.
Games to me is no longer a type of entertainment, but a DEVOTION .
When I play games, I can do just about anything to play it from the start to end in one try.
I hate it when someone disturb me in the middle of games.
My favorite types of games are role-playing games(for the wide use of imagination),first-person shooting games(for the realistic feel) and action/adventure(for the speed and combos).
The longest time I continuing played games without stopping(erm... except eating and going to toilet) was 46 hours.


They call me insane about games.
Why?
I played that long not to finish the game (duh!), but to completely finish the game.
Huh?
Okay.Let me explain.
Finishing the game means to beat the final boss.
and watch the final credits.
Completely finishing the game means even deeper.
Complete the game in the hardest mode , collect all pieces of items possible and travelling to every place in the game possible.
Insane right?
I m a 'perfectionist' gamer.
That's why I have a whopping 876355 gamer points on XBOX360(rewarded to unlocking achievements in games).
I own a XBOX 360 Elite and a PS3 80 GB Edition.
An Alienware Pro Gaming Computer and a Dell XPS Gaming Laptop.
NO, I DO NOT OWN A WII(sound like wee-wee).
IT DEGRADES THE TERM GAMER.

I am proud to say that my game collection is one of the biggest in the world.
I have almost every top games in the world in collector's edition,special edition etc...
My most expensive piece is the third version of the Atari Video Computer System.
It can fetch up to US$600,000 in an auction.
There are many others,like Halo 3 Game of the Year Edition with Master Chief Helmet, Batman Arkham Asylum with batarang and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition with Profession Night Vision Goggles, just to name a few....


I just counted.
There Are 1,097 games in my collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My favorite game in it is HALO 3(no doubt)!!!!!
However, having such an expense hobbies has its consequences....
I fork out $500 each month to buy games....
Meaning I save my pocket money ,cut down unnecessary spends and pick up jobs in holidays(legally) ....
Tough, but interesting.
My mother is not bother by this as long as I ace(well, sort of...) in my studies.
An understanding mother...
IS WHAT YOU NEED IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A HOBBY LIKE THIS...


I am pretty much addicted.
But I have control over it ,UNLIKE SOMEONE ELSE(pointing fingers).
I make sure I playing only limited periods on school nights after finishing my homework and only night time on weekends.
See?
CONTROL!!!
That's what you need to be both seriously addicted to games and still do well in school.



Like I said before, this is part of me.
I WILL NEVER GIVE UP GAMING.
If anyone is trying to pick up the hobby, feel free to ask me!
(NO,SIR!
I DON'T NEED COUNSELLING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

2 comments:

  1. Last time I checked, you do NOT have the modren warfare 2 night vision goggles edition. Stop boasting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although you are right about the WII.
    It really is a waste of money.

    ReplyDelete